Welcome to our Educator's Learning Corner!
We offer creative, comprehensive lesson plans for art educators for middle school and high school--grades 6th-12th.
Benefits of our lesson plans:
Learning Objectives Listed: technical and conceptual
- Art History examples
- Clear, easy to follow instructions
- Photos of completed student projects
- List of
materials needed, including how to set-up stations for good studio practices
- Written resources and handouts: downloadable hand-outs, instru
- ctions, warm-up exercises, vocabulary, and photography
- Demonstration materials
- Critique Protocol
- Sources of inspiration
Here is one lesson plan, available at no charge, for you to review and use in your classroom!
Gray Scale: Effects of Light on Geometric Form (focusing on one inorganic form: sphere)
- Gray Scale: tonal gradations 0-5
- Vocabulary: names and definitions of terms such as: transition area, zone of tangency, reflected light, and cast shadow
- Techniques of Mark-making: hatching, cross-hatching, squiggly lines
- Materials: graphite and charcoal
- Critique Protocol (all levels): How to give constructive, kind, and truthful feedback
Also included with this lesson plan:
- Photography to download and print for additional projects
- Brief Art History background
- Artist of the month: Each month, we feature one of our favorite artists from the past. We provide you with:
- A short bio on the artist and a few samples of major works
- An artistic analysis of one of their works of art, in a worksheet format
Contact us to receive this complimentary introductory lesson plan!